I am readyyyyyy for fall. bring. it. on. But – I will say that the main thing that I always miss about summer is the food. All of the summer produce is unmatched in my mind (read: fresh peaches and ripe tomatoes). So before summer ends, I had to make sure I took advantage of that. Enter this burrata tomato summer salad. This salad is one of my favorite flavor combinations of all time and can be enjoyed any way you like it. Make into bruschetta, add it as a side dish, or enjoy all on its own.
My favorite ingredients and the poster child dish for seasonal eating. All you need is the ripest most beautiful in season tomatoes you can find and some burrata cheese (can be found in any specialty cheese section). Fresh basil is the icing on the cake (not literally, but you catch my drift). Read more here for my thought on the importance of seasonal eating.
The (Burrata Tomato Summer Salad) Process
Use this recipe whenever you need a quick appetizer or side dish. All you do is slice the tomatoes, add the spices and oil, and serve with the burrata. Yep- that’s it, and best part about it is no cooking involved. See the full recipe below, and enjoy before summer is over!
Burrata and Tomato Summer Salad
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/4-1/2 cup diced red onion
- burrata cheese
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and dice the roma tomatoes into 2 inch pieces, and dice the red onion. Add the tomatoes and onion to a large bowl.
- Chop the fresh basil into long strips. Add all the spices to a small bowl and combine (dried basil, salt, oregano)
- Add the olive oil to the tomatoes and onions, then add the small bowl of combined spices, the fresh basil, and mix. Once combined, add to a serving dish and place the burrata on the dish. Serve with toasted bread and bruschetta or just on its own. Enjoy!