Some might call it a grilled cheese, but if you grew up in the South, you know the incredible power of pimento cheese. Pimento cheese is the topping of my dreams. Creamy, savory, and adds the perfect flavor to almost anything. My favorite vessel for pimento cheese is definitely on a sandwich. Even though I love it on a burger in the summer, today we’re gonna level up a classic tomato sandwich by adding our holy grail topping. But not just any pimento cheese, this pimento cheese is full of sharp white cheddar and a secret ingredient, pepper-jack, to give it that extra kick. My mouth is watering already – lets get right to this white cheddar pimento cheese panini:
Get all the summer tomatoes while you can!!
The (white cheddar pimento cheese panini) process
If you can make a grilled cheese, you can make this sandwich. First, you make the pimento cheese by shredding your cheese and combining all the ingredients. Then to the bread, you add the pimento cheese, sliced tomato and grill in a skillet until golden brown. That’s it – the easiest way to make the most mouthwatering panini you’ve ever had.
White Cheddar Pimento Cheese Panini
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 3 slices tomatoes
- butter for spreading
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar
- 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup pimentos
- Make the pimento cheese. Begin by shredding the cheese. Then add the shredded cheese, mayo, cream cheese, garlic powder, and salt and combine.
- Heat a skillet to medium.
- Grab the two slices of bread and add the pimento cheese to each piece of bread. Add the tomato slices on top of one slice and put the two slices together. Butter one side and place butter side down in the skillet.
- Sear for around 4 minutes. While searing, butter the side of the bread that is face up. Flip and sear the other side for the same amount of time. Once both sides are golden brown and the cheese is melty, your sandwich is complete. Enjoy!